Thinking of a new way to introduce a lesson in class? Or just simply something to do with your friends other than take numerous selfies? You should consider this game I found out from MARS.
By the way, MARS is a talk show in the Philippines. It is a super fun show where they have different segments where they cook, talk about things, exercise, make crafts, and play fresh games.
I do not know what this is called but I assure you, you’ll like it.
Here are the mechanics:
- Form groups as many as you like, as many members you desire, but have them compete with each other with each passing round.
- In a piece of paper, write the topic on which the groups would make a tableau. Make many topics and put it in the fish bowl (or any container). Have the leaders do some toss coin and whoever wins have the right to pick the topic from the fish bowl.
- Read the topic picked out loud and have the groups brainstorm on how to execute it. Give them 2-3 minutes, 5 minutes max.
- When the groups are ready, say “1, 2, 3 Tableau”. They should pause portraying what the topic says.
- Before the game, you should have picked pictures about the topics you chose. Then when the groups are in a tableau, you’ll flash the picture you picked for the topic given. Whichever group that have the most similarity with the picture wins.
Easy, right? We used this game as an ice breaker before we reported on our Sociology class. It was so much fun! But also, if you were gonna use it before the report, the topics and pictures you should use are related to your report.
Try it and see how much imagination your friends and colleagues have!
Here are the pictures of ours. Have fun playing!