I must warn you that this post is not the least related to explosives or anything illegal.
Men are known for their love of spicy foods. Well, women too, but not often. I can name at least ten dishes that men like to be spicy. Ramen, Sisig, Sinigang, even simple dishes like spring rolls, they dip in something spicy.
Speaking of spring rolls (I was unfamiliar with the term at first because we call it differently in the Philippines) and spicy food, I discovered this new dish that is very simple and spicy. So if you want to feel the fire in your tongue, try this one.
- Green chilli peppers
- Cheese (cut into strips)
- Spring Roll Wrapper
- Sweet Ham or Bacon (optional)
- Make a vertical cut on the side of the green chilli pepper. Make sure to not cut through it but enough to pierce and open it. Also, don’t cut the stem. Remove the seeds (the seeds are I guess spicier and somewhat bitter) and the white part around it (it is also bitter). Be careful when handling the chilli pepper because it may irritate your hands, mouth, and eyes.
- Put the cheese inside the pepper.
- Roll the pepper into the wrapper just like when you do spring rolls. Dab a little water on the end of the wrapper to seal it.
- If you want some meat, you could roll the pepper into the ham or bacon.
If you want spicier dynamites, look for bigger and more “mature” peppers. I think the “young” ones are still a bit bitter.
Try it sometime and tell me about it. I did not eat anything because I don’t like spicy food but Mom said that it was delish though really spicy (because of the “mature” peppers).