This past year have gone so fast I didn’t even have time to blink! It was a year of change for me. Everything is fresh and new and I am glad I got to experience every single bit of it. I am very thankful for 2014 for it was the year that brought out the best (and worst) in me and made me who I am today.
There are a lot of things I could recall to sum up my two-oh-fourteen but there are some events that stood out. These are the things that transformed me the most. These are the experiences that left a mark in me, either in a good or bad way I don’t know. I just want to perceive them as a lesson, a lesson I hoped I already learned.
Here are the 14 things that made my 2014 oh-so-awesome in no particular order.
- Finished my 3rd year in college with flying colors. The third year has always been the crucial part in every student’s college life and I am so thrilled that I passed it knowing that I deserve it.
- I became Miss Independent. I am so proud for actually relying on nobody but myself this year. It feels so great to be able to do everything on your own. Though I should’ve done it sooner.
- Got my own Fujifilm Instax Camera. One of my treasured items right now is my cute pink camera. Finally had one thing that I like in a color that I love.
- Stopped reading novels. This one’s kind of bittersweet because this one’s the closest thing to a heartbreak but I have to prioritize school.
- Celebrated my birthday with my family away from everybody else. And it was so much fun! All the more memorable it was because it turned out so well and I surprisingly was happy.
- Finally pursued my love for teaching and children. One of the highlights of my summer was teaching at our Church’s daily vacation church school.
- Went to Skyranch Tagaytay for the first time. One of the best memories of my life because it was after I attended the Summer Youth Camp.
- Long trek plus refreshingly cold waters at Limutan Falls. Great way to bond before school starts. And the scenery is amazingly green and undeveloped which makes you love it even more.
- Offroad Summer Youth Camp. Reconnected once again with brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Discovered new dishes and places to eat out. Went adventurous this year with what and where I eat. Tried new places to eat and it has now become my new favorites.
- Up Dharma Down up close. My 2nd band gig attendance and I had a blast!
- Traveled more. Never backed down on any places to visit. Even if it requires a lot of walking and sweat and tears and blood.
- Accepted change. This might be too general but it was definitely one of the biggest things that made 2014 memorable.
- Embraced real happiness. 🙂
2014 has been the best year of my life. No regrets, just love. This year made a lot of changes in and out of my life and I can’t thank God enough for giving me all that I need and more to enjoy every minute of it.
Arigatou 2014 and Konichiwa 2015. Please give me one heck of a ride.